"Fund Her Projects is portal for ambitious, innovative, and imaginative projects that are brought to life through the direct support of others." Help someone bring their dream to life by contributing to a campaign.
1. Find Campaigns
Many contributors find campaigns by way of their friends’ recommendations. If you’re especially excited about a project on FHP and want to help out, keep in mind that sharing links to a campaign by email or social media is one of the very best ways to spread the word.
• Campaign progress can be found on our site at any time while the project is live.
• The search tab helps users discover which campaigns are trending.
2. Contribute to connect
People don’t only fund campaigns, they fund people. Contributions are often motivated by the desire to foster someone’s creativity, give back to a community, and help individuals do what they love. Other times, contributors believe in the mission of a campaign and want to show their support.
Contributing connects you to people with a shared goal: to make a big idea a reality together. In exchange, you’ll get all the satisfaction of participating in something you’re excited about, as well as the perks that come with your contribution. Read more about perks below.
3. Contribute safely
If you’re thinking about contributing, consider the following:
• Does the goal seem reasonable?
• How will your contribution be used?
• How much experience do the campaigners have in their field?
• Do they have an extended business plan?
• Learn more about how to evaluate a campaign
4. Contribute with flexibility
FHP provides a lot of options to suit many kinds of campaigns and contributions.
• Acceptable forms of payment include Visa, MasterCard, and American Express credit or debit cards, or you can choose to pay via PayPal.
• Your credit card or PayPal account will be charged immediately upon completing the checkout process, not at the end of the campaign.
• All transactions on FHP take place in $USD, €EUR, $AUD, £GBP or $CAD. The campaign owner determines the accepted currency of her campaign and anyone can contribute, regardless of the campaign’s currency.
• Contribute anonymously if you prefer to contribute without sharing your name on the campaign page, or contribute on behalf of a friend or family member.
5. Contribute to nonprofits
Some campaigns may offer tax deductions on contributions if they are marked with a “Verified Nonprofit” badge.
6. Claim Perks
Perks are incentives that campaigners offer in exchange for your contribution. They can be anything, such as adding your name to a mural on a wall or getting a celebrity chef to appear and cook dinner at your house.
Before claiming a perk, check out the perk details so you know what to expect. Here are some things to look for:
• The stage of perk development (some perks are prototypes instead of finished, market-ready products)
• Expected delivery date
• Additional shipping costs
If you want, you can contribute more money than the perk amount displayed. Perk amounts are the minimum contribution necessary to claim that perk. If you want to contribute $20 while claiming a $5 perk, you can change the contribution amount during the checkout process.
7. Receive your perk
Waiting for your perk to arrive? Selecting a perk as part of your contribution is not the same as buying something online. Delays are normal, so please be aware of them when making your contribution.
Delays occur because of circumstances outside the campaigner’s control, or because new information becomes available during the campaign. For example, for a product design campaign, contributor feedback might mean that the campaign team wants to change the design of the product, which means it will take longer to get the product made.
The campaign owner is responsible for staying in touch with you about your perk’s status. If you haven’t received any updates, message the campaign owner to find out what’s going on.
8. Questions or issues?
Please contact the campaign owner if you:
• Want to know the status of a claimed perk
• Have questions about a perk
• Want an update about the campaign
• Need to correct or provide a shipping address or additional information for your contribution
Please contact us if you:
• Have made a contribution and accidentally claimed the wrong perk
• Aren’t getting a response from the campaign owner
• Have any other questions or issues not listed here